There is a great debate about whether you should use wood or composite material such as Ecodek® or Millboard when you are choosing your decking.
In the past wooden decking has always been the preferred option but now composite materials are very popular. With better structure, safety, and durability, Ecodek® or Millboard are the options Sunrock Balconies recommend.
Whether you are choosing to install infinity glass balustrades, balcony flooring, or decking outside your home, you need to consider the differences between wood and Ecodek® or Millboard. So, before you make a choice let’s take a look!
Wood decking has always been a popular choice for an outer deck or balcony, and it can last up to 40 years but, it all depends on the maintenance! A wooden decking must be cared for if you want it to last. Here are some things you need to know:
- Maintenance of wood decks has to be regular to avoid the build up of algae and moss which can cause it to become slippery
- Prone to rotting, splintering, and warping so treatment is essential
- The wood needs to be oiled or stained all over at least every couple of years
- Application of a sealant slow down rotting
Ecodek® is the perfect solution as a sustainable and low maintenance alternative to timber. Sunrock Balconies offer you a range of low maintenance options from Ecodek® that really enhance your balcony or terrace but which also provides durability too. Here’s why:
- Composite decking is a stylish, well-established, affordable material.
- Attractive wood grain effect outdoor boards
- High Slip Resistance
- High quality wood polymer composite for low maintenance
- Long Life – 25 year warranty
- Ecodek wood polymer composite (WPC) products are manufactured using a carbon-negative process.
- It’s production actually removes carbon from the atmosphere which is why EcoDek is genuinely sustainable.
Millboard Composite decking
Millboard is another great solution to real wood. It creates a functional and stunningly attractive deck. The qualities of polyurethane create a strong and durable product. Millboard will eliminate rotting, warping and general which will be inevitable if natural wood is used. Here’s why:
- Scratch and stain resistant
- Designed to withstand weathering
- Resistant to facing and sun damage
- No Splinters
- High slip resistance and impervious to growth of algae
- Being solid it is resistant to warping, rotting and insect infestation.
- It is fire tested to BS EN ISO 13501-1:2007+A1:2009. It also has a Bfl-S1reaction to fire classification (a fire test for flooring)
- 25 year warranty
At Sunrock Balconies we create outdoor living rooms using infinity glass designed to your specifications. We offer a complete end to end service from design to quotation to full installation for both residential and commercial customers. We can also consult with your architect, contractors or tradesmen to get the best results for your balcony project.
Understanding the differences between Ecodek® or Millboard and wood will show you that the superior option they provide. The team at Sunrock would be happy to tell you more so get in touch today. Alternatively, why not call us on 01204 668 207 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about our full service range can be found on our website.